January 5, 2013

Honda Accord: Full Detailing, Epic Restoration

Good day,

I got intro from one of my client to his friend ask me to detail his father's car. It was a Black Honda Accord 2009. The condition is really bad than I expected, I was thought of giving up the job cause I have phobia with Honda's paint, No.. actually all the soft paint. After some discussing and stuff, finally I took up the job. I told my client to give me 1 week to finish up the car, cause Im still new to this Honda paint and the interior and engine need to be detail too. After they left, my hands was shivering. Look at this car in a heartache but afraid to detail at the same time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Anyone is kind to take up this job? Joking, I took up this job cause I wanna give myself a chance to work on this soft paint. "We know soft paint need to be polished with extreme care, inappropriate polishes and pads can result in excessive paint removal and severe micro marring, which can be difficult to subsequently remove" For not delay, ing, I wash the car with Osren Bubble Wash with 100ml mixture of OPC. Followed up by claying with PermaGlass ONR as lube, picked alot of contaminants on the flat area. Rims cleaned with OPC dilute 1:3, old tire dressing was cleaned with Osren Degreaser FX diluted 1:1 Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


After the surface preparation, car was inspected under 300w halogen light. This is the real nightmare about to come. More defects, more heartaches and more headache for the detailer. Almost stunned for 20mins just to look around the car. Try out all the compounds, polishes I have and realize I dont have a DA to finish up this black paint. Luckily Fishbonez is kind enough to borrow his Flex to me. After acting like a mad scientist, finally got the result what i need to use on this paint. Check out the 50/50

 hood before Photobucket

Photobucket

before
Photobucket

after
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

fender before
Photobucket

after
Photobucket

door beforePhotobucket

50/50
Photobucket

before
Photobucket

after
Photobucket

Photobucket

marring from the compound, will refined it later.
Photobucket

top before
Photobucket

Photobucket

after
Photobucket

Photobucket



After the paint correction took me 5days to complete then move to engine detail. I used aluminium foil to cover up all the sensor parts includes the alternator. Water pressure gun to loosen up the dirt, then OPC diluted 1:1 to brush all the parts. Rinse off with water pressure gun and dry with a electric blower.

before
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After 4hours. Done, pretty good looking now.
Photobucket

Then move to interior
Photobucket

leather before
Photobucket

close up
Photobucket

50/50 by using OPC diluted 1:4 with a soft bristle brush
Photobucket

OPC does a great work on removing stubborn stain
Photobucket

Photobucket

after
Photobucket

before
Photobucket

brushing
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

before
Photobucket

after
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

simple as abc 123
Photobucket


Interior was protected with Optimum Leather Protectant. Didnt took much for the finishing, battery died and my client was waiting. LSP was my all the time favorite Opti-Seal & Optimum Car Wax. Just took 10mins to seal and wax the whole car. My client was surprise I did the LSP in such a short time. Paint feels smooth and glossy the owner said. Well, im happy for him.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Thanks for reading.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Design Blog, Make Online Money